The chain locker is a compartment for storing the anchor chain. It is usually placed in front of the collision bulkhead, below the anchoring machine, above or behind the forepeak compartment, and its shape is round or square. The left and right chain lockers are separated from the bilge to the flower steel plate and the upper wooden lining. Sewage wells and drains are installed in the tank to remove stagnant water and prevent corrosion of the anchor chain. Manholes and wall ladders are provided on the bulkhead for personnel to enter and exit the chain locker. The anchor pipe is the passage of the anchor chain into and out of the chain lock cabin, located below the sprocket, facing the center of the chain locker.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Low grasping weight of stockless anchor
- Big Grip of Stock Anchor
- The composition characteristic of Stock Anchor
- The arrangement way of anchor Rod in ship anchor
- The maintenance of chain
- Cast Way of anchor
- Market demand of marine anchor chain
- Main types of anchors
- Precautions when using anchor chain
- Place of use of shackle
- What are the preparations for the anchor?
- Anchor operation
- Anchoring operation
- Anchor work
- How to restore the anchor chain after use
- Daily inspection and maintenance of anchor equi...
- Regular inspection and maintenance of anchor eq...